On Friday night the 8th...
- Check out LeAnne Leman and Steve Sandner at Marketplace Cafe 6-9pm in the VOC for some smooth swinging jazz standards, sultry blues & ballads, and romantic bossa novas for your dancing pleasure. That means you can swing (east or west coast), fox trot, night club 2-step, rumba and even argentine tango your night away.
- Also, the Rhythmistics play at Sound Bites Grill in the Hyatt shops beginning at 8pm. This band performs 60's-70's dance music to groove with your partner freestyle or you can partner dance when you hear the swing, rumba, cha-cha, nightclub 2-step, west coast swing and argentine tango beats they turn out.
Saturday the 9th...
Experienced swing dancers... there's a GREAT DEAL to be had on a Swing aerials class 3-5pm in NAU's Rolle Activities Center, room 103. IT'S JUST $5 per dancer for 2 hours of training! This class is hosted by both NAU and ASU swing dance clubs. You can find more info on Facebook... just search Aerials with ASU! *** NOTE: you will need a partner.***
- In Clarkdale, the final Big Band dance of the season kicks off at 6:30pm until 9:30pm with Sentimental Journey featuring vocals by Jeannie Carrol. This is THE BEST wooden dance floor in the area. The glide is smooth and it's got plenty of room to move around. It's $10.00 at the door to get in and light snacks and soft drinks for sale. *** NOTE: Bring your ballroom shoes, They are best on a wood floor.***
- You will find Rosemary Chavez and the Platinum Trio at Marketplace Cafe in the VOC from 6-9pm. They play lots of great fox trots! It's an easy listening easy dancing kind of vibe.
- Sammy Davis Band will have the dance floor rockin' over at PJ's Pub also in the VOC. He hits the stage at 9pm. Sammy plays music for every dance known to man. So, if he hasn't played what you want to hear... just ask him nicely :D
Sunday the 10th...
- Susannah Martin & Eric Miller are at Sound Bites Grill starting at 6pm. Their infectious Latin rhythms will draw you out on the floor to work your hips. Whether they play rumba, samba, bolero, cha-cha or meringue beats the results are fun to dance to.
Enjoy your weekend! I hope to run into you on the dance floor... well, you know what I mean.