Welcome...

Welcome to Sedona Dance News, an on line newsletter for dance lovers!
The goal of this running commentary is to keep my dance students at Dana De Luz Sedona Studio and other dance enthusiasts informed of the progress of my dance studio's development, classes, schedules, discounts, special events and great places to dance in Northern Arizona. Enjoy!
Contact: dancingdana64@gmail.com or call (928) 862-0118

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One of dancings greatest advocates, Dick Clark, dead at 82

If is wasn't for watching Dick Clark's American Bandstand every Saturday of my childhood I don't know what I would have done.

My parents couldn't afford dance lessons for me as a child so I'd find dance shows on TV. Any kind of dance... ballet, musicals and variety shows and American Bandstand helped me learn all the latest dance steps. I'd watch and then grab my sister to see if we could do what we just saw. Dick Clark not only made stars out of bands and solo acts, he had songs created for specific dances and create hit show after hit show. Who hasn't seen a New York Rockin' Eve?

Rest in peace, Dick. You will be remembered well.

Dance enthusiasts enjoy the link below from UAS Today on Dick Clark's life and contributions. http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/story/2012-04-18/dick-clark-dies-at-82/54390716/1

No comments:

Post a Comment